Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

TSDZ2 Service

When it's time to service your TSDZ2 motor.

It appears to take less than an hour to do your service work to this motor. That's a big improvement over the BBSO2 Bafang motor where you have to take it all apart to access the internal freewheel behind the main drive gear. 

The only debate seems to be in how often you should do the regular service work on the TSDZ2 motor. Obviously if you have a problem with the motor it's time to take it apart and do the service, if you ride it hard, you should probably step up to a BBSHD in my opinion. So far I've heard everything from 300 to 1300 miles between needing service. I think it would be a good idea between every 500 to 750 miles to do a service weather the motor is performing like new or not.


I've found a good supplier for these motors now who offers them with both a throttle and ebike brakes. My old supplier was great, but didn't offer the brakes or throttle, and I wound up getting screwed from another company with way too high a mark up for those parts.  I ordered them but I never did get my throttle. It was infuriating enough to make me not want to offer this motor in the future. I still will not offer it for shipping. It will be local sales only because of the required regular maintenance. 

I think this is a great little motor suitable for many peoples needs. I'll be doing another post on it when I get the throttle I just ordered from my new supply guy.




3 comments:

  1. Any info on IGH 3 speed using bafang bbso2 on the evryjourney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The 3-sp EVRYjourney bikes have come in, but they are not equipped with rear rim/hand breaks. I was quite disappointed.

    For ebike application I could swap out rear wheel with a 3 speed, or just lace a 3 sp hub into existing wheel. Either way it's an extra cost.

    The BBSO2 or HD would work great on the EVERjourney bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EDIT-
      "For ebike application I could swap out rear wheel with a 3 speed, or just lace a 3 sp hub into existing wheel. Either way it's an extra cost."

      I would have to use the 7 sp bike and swap out rear wheel with 3 sp, or lace new 3 sp hub to 7 sp wheel.

      Delete