Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2017

All Beach Cruiser Bikes Made In China?

So, are all beach cruiser bikes sold in USA made in China? 
The short answer is Yes.
There may be one exception made in Taiwan, then sent to the mainland for export, but I believe they are ALL made in China.


If you can find just one Beach Cruiser bike made here in USA please let me know about them in the comment section below.  I would love to hear from you!!!


There may be a company in BC Canada who makes their own, but to be fair, they don't make this claim on their website.


I've completed some pretty exhaustive research into the subject and have thus far found nothing. I have however found proof of all but one of the manufacturers of the bikes I've listed in the post below "Beach Bikes" in China. I'm pretty sure the one exception is also made by one of the three Chinese manufacturers, as the frame style is the same as one of the others. I just haven't found conclusive evidence yet.


So where am I going with this?
I'm sure this isn't exactly news to most of you. I was hoping to find one manufacturer here in USA to buy from for a high end ebike option.


There is one ebike manufacturer here who makes their own frames. Good for them, but the bikes they make are (in my opinion) under powered for the US market. I mean, we have 750W available to us legally! Why must all these big manufacturers make wimpy EU standard 250W bikes? It's because they also sell them in Europe! It's not in their interest to make a powerful bike for just the US market alone. And I'm sure their lawyers and insurance companies have something to do with it as well.


In any case, one day I hope to be making my own frames here in house, but until that day arrives, I'm stuck dealing with what's available. That's not all bad. It will make for more affordable bikes, and at least the Chinese beach bike cruisers are built like tanks. They should be more than up to dealing with the stresses of electric motors. When I begin offering trikes, I will have to make those myself since I have my own specific design ideas.


For the record, every bike that comes threw my shop will be 100% taken apart and inspected. 
* All bearing surfaces will be greased with marine grade or better.
* Some gear parts require a specific grease for a long trouble free life.
* All the components will be assembled to tolerances.
* All spokes hubs and rims will only be of the highest quality. 
* Wheels will be true and round, spokes will be properly tightened, stressed, then trued again.
* In most cases, frames will be getting a quality paint job or powder coat. Just choose your color.
* All hardware will be replaced with quality Stainless Steel.
* Tires will be of a puncture resistant and in most cases DOT and ebike rated.
* All tubes will get the top brand tire puncture sealant before delivery to customers.
* All components will be of quality manufacture, and if appropriate have a nickle plating for long life.
* All control cables will be of the highest quality with no sloppy stretch or squishy feeling when used.
* All battery components will be of the highest quality for long life. No cheap knockoffs!!!
* Every motor will be taken apart and inspected for internal defects and then run tested.
* Every controller will be tested for proper operation during the motor run testing.
* Every bike will be completely assembled and be given a shakedown run before delivery to customers.
In the list above, I've included more than a few items that even the best ebike builders don't bother with for the sake of my own quality control. Happy customers are return customers!


I plan on talking to these manufacturers about building my frames to order. I only want the frames. I'll get all the components myself. This would save me from having to sell or throw in trash the cheap instant rust sloppy components these bikes normally come with. All the frames would be equipped for disk brakes. This would also knock about another $100 off the price of each bike.





No comments:

Post a Comment