Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

What Schwinn Stingray Krate Wanted To Be, But Never Was

Did you have a Stingray Krate as a kid?



What if you could have an adult sized version now? One with a real motor instead of a playing card stuck in the spokes. Well, you could still do the card trick if you want since electric motors are almost silent. 




I'm thinking full on:
*  Banana seat. (with custom upholstery by request.)
*  Ape hangers.(from mild to wild!)
*  Springer front end. (one that actually works!)
*  Built using adult sized beach cruisers. 
*  Disk break front, rim break rear.
*  7 Speed.
*  Tires. Fat Bike 4.0 or 2.125
*  Motor Options (500w - 1000w hub) (1000w two speed hub) (750w, 2000w Mid drive)


I'll have my own colors to name. 
Optional powdercoat for bulletproof chip and scratch resistant color.
  

I like the big reflector under the seat on this Sears version.
I'll have to make a big round light to fit.





You can still get the sissy bars with springs, although I doubt their 
usefulness for a full sized adult. I may wind up making my own that adjust up to a 250lb rider. More importantly, a 250lb rider traveling down the road at 30-35MPH!


Check out the vintage disk brake on this Lemon Peeler Krate.


Classic looks that are hard to beat.
Wait until you see my battery box for these and beach cruiser bikes! 
My eyes may not see 20 20, but they are sharp on aesthetics! I haven't seen one design for these bikes yet that looks good on the bike. Mine look GREAT on these bikes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment