Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Battery Tec LG Vs GA

There's nothing I hate more than researching something on line and reading page after page of information and opinions just to find out that the answer I was looking for is lacking. I'll start at the end with the answer, then get into the why and how of it all.

Answer:
LG MJ1 18650 battery cells outperform Sanyo Panasonic GA cells in applications where there is less current discharge. This is a good choice for motors 500W and under. (36v controllers)


Sanyo Panasonic GA cells outperform LG where higher discharge rates are needed. Think 750W and larger motors. (48v and up controllers, although 48v could probably go either way depending on weather you're using a pedal assist setup or just throttle.)



Ok, the bottom line for me is simply that I'll use the LG for all 36v setups, and the GA for everything else. The price is close enough between the two batteries that it doesn't make much difference. If I didn't have to pay shipping, the LG would come in a bit cheaper than the locally available GA batteries. 



I'm looking forward to using the 20700 and 21700 in the near future. I'm designing all my battery boxes to maximize space for these slightly larger battery cells.


Here's a couple links for the LG vs GA comparison.
 https://yunergybattery.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/2015-new-sanyo-ncr18650ga-vs-lg-inr18650-mj1/


https://www.electricbike.com/18650-cells-for-e-bike/





No comments:

Post a Comment