Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Great Day, Better Ending! I'm Going To Disneyland! DME Update

Just kidding. I don't care much for Disneyland, but it was a GREAT DAY with an even better finish!

So I started my day as always at work around 9am. Banker hours are great! If you haven't tried them, you should! Waking up before the birds to be at work before sunrise is for turkey's! I've been a turkey most of my life, so I know what I'm talking about.

We didn't have any store bikes to build today, so it was all about taking the returns apart for spare parts, and making room in the warehouse for new inventory in the process. We have a ton of new bikes coming in and need to have room for them! The only down side for me is that I took apart all of the red tagged return bikes, and still have no store bikes on order to build. I thought it would keep me going part time for weeks taking all the red tags apart.

So starting tomorrow, I give my green tag inventory list to our store salesman to go over. Anything that is out of stock on my list, can be built and added to the store inventory. I LOVE my job! I've started last week (on my own time) doing my own inventory of bikes that were returned in brand new condition (green tag) for my self to sell privately. Like they say, what comes around goes around, and I would feel like a greedy little prick if I kept my list to myself. It's enough that I get first picks of everything that comes back to the warehouse for my own private sales and my own personal inventory for Duke's Moto Electric ebike conversions.

Now I'm also the guy (on my own time) who sorts threw all the retuned bikes coming back to the warehouse. This is a Win Win across the board. Bikes get sorted imediatly instead of staked together, I get some choice pickings, the warehouse saves a ton of space, the bike store gets bikes new otherwise out of stock to sell, and I get payed to assemble them.  In a perfict world, this is how things should be! Tomorrow, this is how I expect things to go.

I also expect to get some days off between now and X-Mas. That will be nice. I like to cook my own food, and I've been burning the candel at both ends all summer, and haven't had any time for that. Oh yea, home made Scampi, better pizza than you can buy here in LA, Schnitzel, Spatzel, Sweedish and Italian meatballs, chicken taco's better than my favorite Sinaloa restaurant can make, not to mention the BBQ, steaks, burgers, Texican, North Carolinian, Korean, Veitnamese, Spanish, etc!

On the up and down side:
It's been a month and a half since I first started ordering ebike motors to add to my bikes. Nothing. It's been like pulling teeth to get them here! So far I've spent over $1000 just for samples, and somehow everything is stuck in PayPal Land. I hate paypal!!! They have far too much power over todays commerce. Just let me fly to China and pay cash for my order. It would be easier!!!
On the up side, the company I work for is finally interested in ebikes. I didn't do it. It was the last big bike show in Vegas that did it two weeks ago! Haha, I've been trying to talk them into it all summer! What this could mean for me and them is wholesale pricing of motors with no DAMN PayPal to deal with!!! Anither Win Win for everyone, customers included!

How the day ended?
I messed up yesterday and didn't read correctly a bike order. I was tired and worn out from a great day at work, and read assembled when it actually read unassembled. So I lost my $30 assembly fee. Not to happy about eating that, but after getting into the bikes assembly yesterday, I found some stuff that needed correcting. Not only did I assemble the bike, adjust the brakes, and tune the shifting, but I also trued the wheels for free! I like to set rim brakes just right, and that's a bit tighter than some people do. If the wheel is untrue enough that I can't get the brakes set to my specifications, the wheel comes off and goes into the truing stand. I don't get payed extra for this service, and could just get it out the door as they come in, but that would be unprofessional. I don't mind spending an extra ten minutes truing up an imported wheel just for the sake of doing the job right the first time.

The gal who bought the bike tonight was so happy with it, that it was just icing on my cake that was today!  Anyone who just gives enough to get by in life may never experience the joy I recieved from doing the job right the first time like I did tonight. After seeing the joy of the customer zipping up and down my alleyway on her new bike, everything I did for her new bike was worth it to me!

I don't know, but I may be some sort of dinosaur? I believe that quality service and respect makes happy customers. No matter what you do in this life, you will always get the tire kickers, penny pinchers, etc who make you want to quit what you're doing. Forget about them. Customers like I had tonight (and every week) make it worth doing.



 Oh yeah, the bike of the day!
7 Speed Sixthreezero Women's "Around The Block" Beach Cruiser. 
Seven Speeds to get you up and down the hills to and from the beach, or anywhere you want to go! The rim/hand breaks are essential for hilly areas where just back pedaling coaster breaks could fail! This bike is a great deal at the retail price of $259.99, but even better when some fool changed their mind and returned it! My price under retail is only $190.00 so come and get it! I only have one left, and have no idea when I will see another one come in the warehouse door! This is a great bike!







No comments:

Post a Comment