Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

We have motors!

It's been like getting a root canal the past couple months getting motors ordered, but I finally have some!



I've been testing the Tongsheng TSDZ2 48V 500W motor for the past two weeks, but the real torture test was just now on my way from Luna Cycles. This was the first 20ml ride with hills. PCH doesn't have too steep of hills, and I didn't even try going up 190th st. from PCH (one rather steep hill). I went up DelAmo past Redondo Beach High school.


Before I went on my little ride my BBS02B showed up at my door. This motor will be going into (assuming I can get it to clear the bottom bracket) a "In The Barrel" beach cruiser from Sixthreezero tomorrow at work. I'm thinking I should of just picked it up from Luna as well, then I would have the better controller. Either way It'll be fun to play with.


The whole reason for my ride today was to go pick up a 2000W Mini Cyclone motor. I got it! This will be going on the Firmstrong "Bruiser" first, then I'll put it on the "In The Barrel" later after I've laced a SA drum brake to the front wheel. I want both front and rear breaks for the 2000W motor and because of the springer fork, I only have rear at the moment.

If the BBS02B won't fit the bottom bracket on the "In The Barrel", I'll just have to assemble one of the new men's Evryjourney bikes and put it in that. I plan to offer that model bike with both the Tongshing and Bafang motors anyway, so it don't really matter which bike gets what motor first.

These bikes will be for customer pre order test rides. The components and motor options will be as follows:
1. Sixthreezero "Evryjourney" 7 speed with either a BBSHD 750/1000W, BBS02B 750W or Tongshing 500W motors.
  




 2. Sixthreezero "Evryjourney" 7 speed with either a BBSHD 750/1000W, BBS02B 750W or Tongshing 500W motors. These ladies models come in Teal, Creme, and Navy colors.


 
 3. Firmstrong "Bruiser" 7 speed or 3 speed internal geared Shimano Nexus hub, with either a BBSHD 750/1000W, BBS02B 750W or 2000W Cyclone motor. 


4. Sixthreezero "In The Barrel" 7 speed or 3 speed internal geared Shimano Nexus hub, with either a BBSHD 750/1000W, BBS02B 750W or 2000W or 3000W Cyclone motor. 




These will be quite a few bikes for me to keep in my garage just for potential customer pre order test rides. I may only be able to keep a couple of each with different motor options for lack of storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment