Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Busted Bike Free Stuff

Sometimes we get a brand new returned bike that's in such bad shape from shipping damage it's going into the dumpster. Unless I want the takeoff parts. 


This is as close as I could find to the free bike I got. Mine must of been last years model.

I got a new 29er at work a few weeks ago with a busted frame and forks from shipping damage. Best I can tell, the donor bike goes from between $600 to $1000. Not a bad score! I took all the parts off, and they are pretty good quality components.

 Upgraded frame combo I'm looking at.

 Now I'm looking at the Bikes Direct (Think Motobecan/ looks like a KHS) unbranded frames with Rock Shock forks to upgrade the damaged Suntour forks and SDX frame. The Rock Shock forks are a big improvement over the Suntour! What I'm finding is going for around $350 for the frame with shocks.

The components were free, so what I pay for the frame & fork will make a nice bike. I'll either buy another BBSO2 for it, or swap my HD to it, or use my 2Kw or 3Kw Cyclone motors on it. Should be a blast!

So basically, it will be a $1000 MTB for $350 bucks plus the cost of the battery and motor. That's what I call a nice score!

No comments:

Post a Comment