Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

One worn out bike mechanic...

I'm glad the work week has begun so I can rest up for next weekends bike sales.

I know that sounds backwards, and it's not about being lazy or goofing off at work, it's just that bike sales on the job have slowed down, so I don't have to hurry or rush anything. On the weekends however, bike sales seem to be picking up. I just had a record breaking sales weekend, and it's not over yet! I sold over ten bikes this Saturday and Sunday and I even took deposits to deliver three more bikes this week that I was out of because they sold early Saturday afternoon.



I sold the bike in the photo Sunday afternoon. The photo is of the bike as the shop sells them. I goofed by not taking a photo of it after I customized it for my sales. The lime green wheels (hate them) were changed to black with black spokes and chrome over brass spoke nipples, and the rear wheel sprocket was changed to a larger one for easier pedaling on hills. It's not easy to get me to part with a bike I've done custom work to, because I always want to keep them for myself. This one was no exception. It started as a "Retro" (store name for the bike) and left as a "Black & Blue" or "Black Eye" (my names for it after modifications). It's just a blue version of the all black "In The Barrel" (store name, second photo). 
I hope my personal at home sales continue as they've been for a while longer. I know the bike season is coming to a close here in So-Cal when I have to start using a blanket in bed again instead of just a sheet! I'm counting on electric bike sales to get me threw the winter months. It's my belief that they will sell equally well all year long.  Now if only all the motors I want to use for the bikes would be back in stock! I can't believe it, but all of them are out of stock! I'll have to reorder the one I already ordered at the beginning of the month from a different vendor, and just eat the extra $100 cost. It's going on three weeks since I ordered it, and so far I have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment