Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

SBP Cyclone 2000W

Great deal on the 2000W Cyclone motor at Sick Bike Parts for $189! 



I need to order the heavy duty replacement parts from SBP for the crummy factory parts anyway. I think the BIG price difference is due to the SBP motor offered with square taper BB, and the one I got from Luna is set up for an ISIS BB. Next one I get will have the square taper from SBP so I can tell for myself if the ISIS setup is worth the extra money. It is smooth as silk with zero chain ring side to side movement when pedaling.

I got so excited when the 3000W motor became available, I ran down to get the bigger motor and forgot to take photo's of this one with the motor installed. This is the company sales photo of the bike without motor.

I've sort of skipped past my 2000W motor in my build process. I have it mounted on a 7 speed Firmstrong Bruiser. I mounted it to the bike sometime around last Halloween 2017 before getting started on the 3000W motor around Christmas. After I finish the first mock up on the 3000W motor I'll get back to the little monster.

I think these little guys have a lot of potential on different model bikes due to their small size. Much smaller than the 3000W Cyclone. They can be used at under 1000W (as if anybody wants to do that) up to 2000W and beyond with some overvolting.

I'll probably use a suspension front end and add a set of ape hangers to the project. I'll also change the controller and throttle and use a 60V battery in a custom case. This is what I want to try out for the controller on this bike. https://lunacycle.com/asi-bac-800-controller/ This heavy duty controller is so small that I may be able to hide it under the bottom bracket. 

Little motor mounted in frame up against the seat tube, little high power controller, and one BIG battery! This will be one fun bike! Should be capable of 50+mph! In the future I'll be adding tubless tires to all my ebikes. It just makes sense. Why waste time fixing flats when miles from home or late to work?





No comments:

Post a Comment