Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2018

What a Friday!

I've been hustling bikes pretty hard just to come up with the money to move into a new place.

Today was crazy. I sold 22 bikes by lunch time, then skipped having lunch to build 9 bikes at the bike shop, and built two of my own bikes to sell tomorrow after I got home from work, then sold another bike. Now I feel like I'm going to die from exhaustion.

I found myself short one black fender for a bike and wound up painting it myself. Three coats of Rustolium Satin on top of how ever many coats the factory puts on them, then three more coats of Rustolium super rust stopper matte black to finish the job. This one little front fender is now 6x more protected than it was from the factory! Should hold it's matte Black color threw a nuclear war! Unfortunately because of the wind, I hung it in the garage between coats. I had to go into the garage again and again to get parts, check paint, etc. When I finished all I could smell was paint fumes. Killed a few brain cells for sure. Headache is fading away.

For tomorrow, Saturday 5/12/18, I have a few brand new bikes at home ready to go at half retail price. First one is a brand new Sixthreezero 7 Speed Scholar. First $200 gets it! This bike is perfect in every way! Not a scratch or dent and Zero shipping damage! I didn't get a chance to take my own photo's but I'll add them tomorrow. It was too dark by the time I finished building and tuning the bike. Here's a bad factory photo.


Up next is the LAST 7 speed EVERjourney Men's bike I have available. I don't know when I'll get another one, and if I do, it will be new stock. I like the older ones better. I started hording these last fall expecting to make them all into ebikes, and I'm glad I did! I wound up with fifteen of them, and this is the last one! Photo is second to last one already spoken for. The last one is going for $250 and will be built to order.







I'll post more tomorrow. I'm too tired to continue. I start getting long winded when I'm tired.







No comments:

Post a Comment