Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

Holy Cow!

I've just spent 15 hours updating this blog today just for one post, and have barely scratched the surface of what I want for content. I think I had about 6 posts on my mind this morning before I finished my coffee.
Off the top of my head, I wanted to do a post about ebike myths. Like, if they are so green, then how do you dispose of dead batteries? Yeah, that one kept me away from electric technology for a long time. Now I know it's ridicules with modern top quality battery cells. Look for that post in the near future.

I'm nowhere close to starting a web site with credit card or other payment options yet. That doesn't mean that I'm not ready to start building ebikes for customers. For the moment it will just be a local So-Cal thing. No shipping out, and local drop off, pick up, cash in hand sort of thing for a while. The way I see it, after time, my reputation for quality top notch builds and great service will have been built up enough to offer shipping across the lower 48. By that time, I'll have a regular website. The only way to do this is to make the bike to the highest standards.

For some crazy reason, when I first thought of building ebikes to sell, I was only thinking about quality used bikes with new kits and battery packs installed. That's why you see the old KHS and GT on the side bar. Yeah, that's still good for some bikes, and any used customer bike they want converted, but I've come to the conclusion that making ebikes out of new bikes is the way to go. Not only that, but to make each bike to order. Almost no inventory, and no old battery's sitting around on a shelf. Some of the vintage high dollar Mixte bikes for the ladies are about the only exception to that rule. You can find some really nice used ones if you look for them. Much nicer than anything offered in a new version.

Eventually I want this blog to show new stuff and do it yourself stuff only. For the moment, it's all about getting my name out, so I can start building cool bikes for people that are way better than they can get at any local bike store for way less money. People say it's a ebike revolution. I take it seriously, but probably for different reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment