Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2018

Buss Drivers Really Hate Me Now! 2wd 2500w KISS Bike

First commute to work on the new bike today. Yeah, a buss was involved!

So this A-Hole sees me flying way in front of him doing at least the speed limit. I see him behind me starting to change lanes to go around and flooring the thing to do it! So what does he do after he just gets past me? Pulls over and makes me go around! Hahahaha, what a turd! Saved 1/2 second on his time by cutting me off in traffic! Thanks Gardena Jerk! 


Don't need no stinking gears, or speedometers! This bike is on or off, flip the throttle and GO by the seat of your pants! Super Simple Stupid!

So this bike is much faster than I expected. I'll say maybe 3x the torque and 10mph faster than a BBSHD for around 1/2 the price! At about half throttle it felt the same as the HD motor! That's not to say that the Bafang HD is crap. Plenty of people don't want to go 2x faster for half the price I'm sure! I just don't know any of them who want to pay more for less performance. 

As far as the battery range goes, the HD would use up an average of 3V out of my 25Ah pack to work. The 2500 2wd bike uses only 4v while hauling ass at full throttle! THAT'S BETTER THAN I EXPECTED! The only measuring device I'm using at the moment is the charger with Volt display. I'll figure out the Ah and Wh later. 

This bike just took safety and fun to the next level! Safety because I don't have to worry as much about getting hit from behind. Fun factor is going FAST! Fast is FUN! I would much rather eat pavement because of some loose gravel in the road, than get hit from behind by some freak texting dick pix to his friends while driving down the road! 

Yesterday I changed the forks and breaks on the front end. I'll be upgrading them to a set of Suntour 100mm suspension disk break forks as a X-Mas present to myself. I like to stop on a dime! I didn't touch the rear Sponge Bob breaks yet. I can change the levers to get more break by leverage, but I think I'd be better off eliminating some of the cable housing by brazing on a couple end holders. Even if I spent the money on better cable housing, they would still be Sponge Bob. Better to eliminate the housing for crisp breaking.

Better bullet connectors are on the way, and I should get a chance this weekend to work on swapping the worthless display the motors come with. I'll also have to order some 5 pin connectors to make hooking the two motors controllers less of an effort and more sanitary. The first two guys who test rode it at work want one, and I'm not about to go threw all the extra work I did on this bike and not have the wire bundle look nice even though it's out of sight.

So not a bad first day out of the gate! I got two orders, and a buss battle! Win Win IMOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment