Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

First 20 New Bikes Feeling?

Anybody start their bike or ebike business remember how it felt to have their first 20 brand new bikes to sell? Anyway, that's the feeling I have right now. Pretty cool, but I'm too tired to completely enjoy it. I think it's a milestone moment. It's like having a real bike shop! I'll get a chance to enjoy it if I ever get a day off.

I don't know if I could fit much more inventory in my garage based business, so I think this will be the standard for now, at least for the rest of this riding season. I will have to find room to put a pallet stacked with 10 bikes at a time for next season in addition to 10 or 20 assembled bikes.

I plan on having my own bikes shipped in by next year ten at a time. That's the minimum order amount I could find anywhere for anything I want to build and sell as an ebike.
 
I want to order beach cruisers with 26 x 2.25" wheels with disk brakes for ebike conversion.
I would also order fat tire beach cruisers, and mountain bikes. The carbon bike plans are still in the future, although I'm planning on testing a carbon fiber mountain bike for ebike conversion as soon as I can get one. 

It's almost 8pm and I have a tone of work to do for tomorrows bike sale. I think I'll take the night off from wrenching on bikes and just post stuff over to craigslist for the rest of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment