Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2017

A Real Cool Heat Shrink Tubing That Hell Can't Get Threw On A Dare At a Crossroad!

I hate zip ties!
They're great for a temporary fix or prototype, but should not be on a finished bike! If you have zip ties all over the place, then you're not finished! Get back to work you Hack!


This is some NASCAR quality abrasion resistant heat shrink! I have a 25' roll of it on the way! This will house all the wires from the hand breaks/shifter/throttle to the brake cables at each end of the bars to where they inter the frame for internal wiring, or battery box! Way overkill, but it ups the cool factor, and gets rid of the nasty little zip ties!

Oh man, I just dropped over a Franklin on some high quality heat shrink tubing! In the past 30 years I've been rewiring motorcycles, I doubt I've spent that much for the whole 30 years on heat shrink tubing! In those years, I've seen some guys use some crappy stuff to cover their wires. Most of that junk was Hygroscopic, that meaning that it attracts water and holds it. The stuff I'll be using can breath, letting any water content out!

This is some pretty special stuff, and I ordered some of it in bulk quantities to save .30 cents haha! I've studied law, mechanical law, etc, but the law of volume reads that 30c x 100,000 units, will kill a company by nickels and dimes. 

I ordered about a dozen different heat shrink tubing to accommodate any foreseeable need.  I suspect that some of the irregular quantities will still be around after I'm dead. Always better to have more of some stuff, then order more of the other more expensive stuff as needed. 

 https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment