Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday Ebike Photo Day! Sixthreezero 750W BBS02B Three Speed Around The Block

It's always a nice day when I get a chance to get to the beach with a Ebike! Sunday's the only day I'm not too busy selling or building bikes, so I'm going to call it Sunday Bike Photo Day, and make it a regular feature on the blog.

It's been a few years since I've used any of my photography skills. The electric bike business gives me a chance to go to cool places and take photo's for the blog, and eventual website, so it's a win win for me. The other day I had all 25 bikes taken out of the back half of the garage, and I'm kicking myself for not taking some photo's for the craigslist adds. Oh well, most of the bikes I have for sale at the moment are pedal only, so no big deal. 

So here's the shots I took today. 

It's fire season here in So-Cal. Next will be rainy season combined with mud slide and flash flood seasons, and then earthquake season. All these at one time would still be better than just one tornado or hurricane season in my opinion! And Typhoon season also sucks! I've been threw those on Guam, and more than my share of tornado seasons in Illinois! The whole concept of my house with my family and myself getting blown away to OZ without a plane ticket is just unacceptable! Our youngest girl works for one of the Australian airlines, so tickets ain't that hard to come by!


New Facebook cover photo! At least until I have a clear day to take the same photo.

Not a cloudy day. It's smoke from the fires burning around LA.

In this photo, you can see the smoke rising up behind Malibu.

In this photo I took from above the beach, you can see the fire clouds a little better. This fire is past Malibu up in the Ojai area. The way the column of smoke rises up from the ground reminds me of a volcano eruption.

Satelite view of the fires. Best wishes to everyone up in the Ojai area!


This is the first time I've had the chance to ride the 3 speed version on the strand. I hate repeating myself most times, but the 3 speed In The barrel from Sixthreezero is twice as much fun to ride on the beach with the BBSO2 motor than the same bike with 7 speeds! I already came to this conclusion the first day I put it together. Now after a week as my daily commuter bike to work and back, and the trip up and down the strand, it's undeniable. 

The Nexus 3 speed internal geared hub in 1st gear can climb hills pretty good for a reasonable duration with this motor. I wouldn't try it up Pike's Peak, but for anything around my area, it works great. If you live in a hilly area, then go for at least a 7 speed bike. I was going to order a 20T rear sprocket, and I still will one day, but for the moment, I'd rather have more top end speed. All the hills I rode today were no problem with the stock setup, and I rode quite a bit of hills today! All but the steepest from the beach up to PCH were rode in 2n'd gear with some pedaling.

On the flat's and a fresh 17.5 Ah 48V battery I was doing pretty good at 32mph in 3rd gear without pedaling, and 35mph with some hard pedaling up a slight 3% grade. On the ride home I caught myself going 40mph down a slight grade with light pedaling in 3rd gear. The battery was reading 49V at the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment