Search This Blog

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Making Custom Ebike Wiring Harnes

I'm waiting on some supplies that are back ordered before starting on custom harnesses. Before I start cutting into my wire harness, I figured it would be nice to take a look inside to see what the wires would look like and try and find out how other people are doing it. Butt end connectors could be used, but I really don't think you want or need them after reading this DIY article.

 
The factory supplied parts work, but look terrible with the connectors out in the open. They need to be tucked away where you don't have to see them. The only way to do this is to make your own wire harness. 



I've rewired hundreds of motorcycles over the years, but this a little more like electronics wiring and soldering. Smaller wires, less mechanical joints, and a whole bunch of different shrink wrap tubing go into making a clean Ebike harness! 

I stole the above photo's from e-bike-technologies.de .
The link to the nice wiring article. http://e-bike-marke-eigenbau.de/index.php/en/make-a-custom-made-wiring-harness

No comments:

Post a Comment