Search This Blog

Monday, December 25, 2017

X-Mas Day Progress 3kw Cyclone

Didn't have much time today to work on the Cyclone bike. 

I built a few bikes for family presents, then I had some time for the project. 


It's not much, but it's better than nothing. I painted the controller to match the rest of the bike. Then I drilled the frame and popped a couple rev nuts in to hold the controller mounting bolts. Painted the rev nuts, then mounted it. I still have to modify an allen wrench to get behind the wire bundle to tighten up that bolt. I could of used a regular bolt, but I had a couple stainless steel allen head bolts that fit the rev nuts, so I used them. I want all the hardware I use on the project to be stainless steel so I won't have to change it out later. Doing it right the first time is not overrated!

Before I decided on mounting location, I made a cardboard cut out of the basic battery box to figure the height. The wires will all fit up inside the battery box.


This is going to be the large sized battery box to fit as many cells I can for a 72V setup. The back of the box will be right on top of the controller. As it approaches the front down tube it will taper down below the top of the motor.

I was going to mount the ebike brake levers and the thumb throttle, but it was getting late and I was ready to go get something to eat. I'll get that done tomorrow and figure how I want to make the custom wire harness. I did mount the batman display although I don't like it much up on the bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment