Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Amazon KISS Bike Progress 10/18/18

So I wanted to post all the parts and the bike before I got started putting it all together. That photo will wait for another project!

1500w Amazon motor kit wheel with a real tube and tire on it. Factory tire and tube were junk. Yeah, torque arms are required! I'll be making a custom set to fit this frame.

Bike sales pretty much go to shit after Labor Day, so it's been slow enough at work I've been taking Wednesdays off. Same reason I'm doing the Amazon KISS bike instead of a 2wd Mxus 3Kw V2! Things will pick up next month at the bike shop until X-Mas. After X-Mas, consider the bike business dead as the horse in the desert with no name, that never had a chance to feel good out of the rain. Old song, but sums it up. That's the long way of saying I had yesterday off work to do some stuff on the project.




Rear wheel on, BB changed out, bars changed, basic factory controls added to bars.

First day of changing stuff on the bike. Bars and rear wheel for starters, then the one piece crank set with adapter from 1 piece to three with a sealed square taper BB cartridge. Front wheel/motor is still in the Amazon mail. I won't be using this crank set. I just wanted to test fit with color on something off the shelf before buying another part. I went back & forth for a while about black or silver/chrome parts on this bike considering the chrome spokes and machined break rim's. Considering how much chrome and machined silver the wheels add to the bike vs it's usual Blk on Blk, it was worth consideration. I could still use silver crank arms if the sprocket was black, and add other silver/chrome stuff. Another project. The silver crank set just looks goofy behind that chain guard! 

Funny. I thought I would get some grief from the storage employee about working on the bike, but instead I was hit on for bikes and bike repairs from everyone I didn't want to deal with on my week day off meant to give me pleasure working on my ebike project. I don't mind helping people out with their bikes. Just the opposite. That's why I sell brand new bikes at around 50% off retail. I'm just not a bike shop out of a storage unit at the moment. I don't have room to take in used bikes to sell on commission. Sorry, but I don't have room enough for new bikes at this time, let alone my ebike projects or regular bikes for sale. Gotta have priorities. Honest answers to real questions left more than a few unhappy faces yesterday. I hate doing that, and I even waited around for over an hour for one old guy who never showed up. Is what it is. Didn't ruin my day, but sometimes you need to just have fun with your creativity and not think about business. I'm glad I took these photo's today so I can just look at them without interruptions. I left the storage unit yesterday with some half assed ideas about how to hide the wire harness out of the controllers (see photo's). That's why they call it prototype.

 The cleanest ebike bars you ever seen? 

Probably close to the cleanest ebike bars I've ever seen, but I still have changes to make. At the most, you'll see a Bafang universal style thumb throttle on the LH side along with a three speed switch if I decide to use the Cyclone style half throttle with remote key. So many options, so few ways to keep these bars clean as fuck! Clean as fuck is what they will get one way or another! CAF/KISS!

 Who hates Spaghetti wires all over the place? I do!

I hate Spaghetti wires all over the place on an electric bike. I also hate zip ties all over the wire harness! The zips in the above photo are temporary prototype zips! I still have wires to add. Finished product will have fabric wrapped shrink wrap protecting where all the zips are now. Looks good and is race car strong! 

I actually built this bike early last summer from spare parts to sell before the move to the new location took up all my time. It's been moved to three locations/storage since I built it, then it got forgotten about. I was just about to start this project on a new bike when I noticed it hanging from a hook in the storage. "Where did YOU come from?" I hate moving! I think I must of lost brain cells from this last move it was so stressful and long lasting! Only reason I forgot about this bike on the hook!

Parts still in the Amazon Mail! Can't wait till the front 1000w motor kit shows up! I'll post about controller placement in the next update.


No comments:

Post a Comment