Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2018

LED Voltage Display $5.

 Posting this here for future reference. 

Not the easiest part to find. 99% of them available have the bulky key switch built in. They also have the half throttle with or without key switch. For $5 it's worth getting a couple extra for future projects, or to let the customer decide between thumb and half throttle. My 3Kw Cyclone kit came with this (below photo) and a super cheap remote key switch. A simple on off button would be nice tucked in under the display, but we can't always get what we want. 

The Luna Cycle version with remote key switch $27 USD.


The controllers I'm using with the current project have two speeds available. on=750W limited power, off=full power 1000W Front, and 1500W Rear motor. A simple on off button would let you go from 750 to full power while on the go. I don't need or want all the fancy stuff the LCD displays have. All I want to know is how much power my battery has remaining. If I'm paying any attention to other stuff on a LCD, then I'm not paying enough attention to the road when going fast! I know how fast I'm going and don't need a LCD to tell me. 

When you add shipping, if you only want one, the Luna version is the way to go. If you're getting 10 or more, these guys have them.

http://www.topbikekit.com/thumb-throttle-with-lcd-digital-battery-voltage-display-p-539.html

No comments:

Post a Comment