Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Amazon K.I.S.S Project Moving Forward Again! 10/24/18

Front 1000W motor kit ordered AGAIN!

This time from the same company I ordered the rear 1500W motor kit from! Voilamart, distributors of fine cheaply made Chinese lawn furniture, and a few motor kits! Hahahaha! 



These motors only claim 80% efficiency, so I'm not expecting them to have very tight windings or high quality magnets. I'm also not expecting the controllers to handle more than 48/52V, but I'm sure they will last until spring when I plan on upgrading them so I can overvolt the motors to get some real speed out of them. While working together as a 2wd, they should never have any overheating issues with the 52V battery I'll be using.

EDIT: I also assume stamped steel plates instead of aluminum stater framework. At this price what else could they be? Ferro Fluid and making them water tight is not an option when we get around to overvolting the Project Amazon K.I.S.S. motors next spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment